Thursday, August 14, 2008

August already???

Hello everyone. Well August is here and I am not really sure when it got here so quickly! School is going well. My students seem to be very good and respectful. I have a couple that I am not so thrilled about, but hey, there is always one.

Harvest has officially started at the Damas house. Mike's last day of his regular job was on Tuesday and harvest is now in full swing. So far he hasn't had to work very late, but I know it's coming. Dad is in charge of all of Braden Farms' hullers so Mom and I will be spending so husband-less evenings together. It will be nice to have some time with her.

Taylor is doing very well. She is getting very big very fast. The potty training has been put on hold because she was resisting a lot. So we will try again in September when I am off for two weeks. Other than that, she is doing great. She is talking up a storm and growing by the second.
I spent this weekend with the Damas women and we made apple and peach pies. It was nice to have some time with my mother-in-law and just sit and chat while cutting apple and peaches. Christina and I were in charge of pealing and cutting while Julie was put in charge of pealing peaches when she got home. It was a very nice day. This Saturday I get to learn how to can peaches. Who knew I would be so domestic?

I hope this finds all of you doing well. Hope to see you soon!

No comments:

The Damas Family

The Damas Family

Mike and Stacey

Mike and Stacey

Taylor

Taylor

James

James