Monday, June 21, 2010

again....too long

Well again it has been too long since I last posted. We have had a lot of big milestones in the Damas household since the last time we shared.

First, James is walking! He started about two months ago with a couple of steps and now he is trying to run!!! He still has a hard time keeping up with Taylor, but he is giving it everything he's got! He has started saying a few words as well. He says Momma, Dada, and more when he is eating. Today was first time he said "all done"! He also points to things and says something that sounds remarkably like "what's that". I was so excited for him. He is changing every day and I am so glad that I have this time with him.

Taylor had her dance recital in May and did a great job. Other parents told me that she was the star of the show. She is a bit of a natural performer. It will be interesting to see where this takes her in life. She also just had her 4th birthday! I can't believe how fast this is all flying by. She is now four years old and going into the pre-kindergarten class at her preschool. She is extremely smart (sometimes that works against me!). I am very eager to see what this next year brings her in school.

James just turned 1! His first year went by even faster than Taylor's did. He is turning into a little boy rather than a baby! I am having a little bit of a hard time with it, but I love watching the changes and growth in him. We just went and had his pictures taken for his birthday so I will post those soon!

I am getting to spend a lot of time at home due to my 'extended vacation'. I have been laid off this year so I am at home for the summer waiting to hear whether I get my job back or not. I have applied to several other districts and I am being very hopeful for the future. Now it is just a waiting game to find out what will happen next! We are staying very positive that something will happen and I will get another job. Let's face it....unemployment doesn't pay very well. Send me good vibes on the job front!

No comments:

The Damas Family

The Damas Family

Mike and Stacey

Mike and Stacey

Taylor

Taylor

James

James